Emergency Contacts

Below is a list of the major help and support lines and the types of information they provide.

Crime or Suspicious Activity

Emergency (anything requiring an immediate response from police, fire, or ambulance): 9-1-1

Police non-emergency (if the incident happened earlier or there is a suspicious activity, such as a suspicious vehicle, person, nuisance, disturbance, break-in, or property damage)

  • West Vancouver: 604-925-7300
  • North Vancouver: 604-985-1311
  • Squamish Valley: 604-892-6100

If you want to report anonymously, please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or leave a tip online at solvecrime.ca.

Immediate Emergency Supports

When Squamish People need emergency shelter, food, utilities, or hospital supports.

During office hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm)

After hours contact Joe Kwan

S7ílhen Food Pantry

  • 604-971-1140

Evacuation Response

When Squamish People are evacuated due to wildfires, house fires, floods, extreme heat, etc.

During office hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm)

  • 604-982-9938

After hours contact David Harrison

  • 604-374-2687

Register for Voyent Alert! to receive emergency alerts by text message, phone call, email, or mobile app notifications.

Health, Wellness, and Family Supports

When Squamish People need support with children, youth, or family incidents.

During office hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm)

After hours contact the Ministry of Children & Family Development intake line

  • 604-660-4927

If it is an emergency, call 9-1-1 or the Help Line for Children at 604-310-1234

Children & Youth

North Vancouver Family Support (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm): 604-985-4111

Squamish Valley Family Support (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm): 604-362-8902

Autumn Juanicotena-Heal, Team Leader Youth Services: 604-396-1721

Gloria Sun, Team Leader Youth Services: 236-788-0615

Native Youth Crisis Hotline (24/7): 1-877-209-1266

Poachers and Polluters

Fisheries incident or Bylaw 16 violation

Poaching, wildlife, wildfire, target shooting, or polluting incidents

Fisheries, wildlife, or environmental protection laws violations can also be reported to the 24/7 Report All Poachers and Polluters (RAPP) hotline: 1-877-952-7277 or online

Salmon-related violations should be reported to Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO): 1-800-465-4336

Home and Infrastructure Repairs

When on-reserve homes are affected by flooding, fires, heat, or electrical issues and when infrastructure issues occur (eg. streetlights not working, report potholes).

North Shore

Squamish Valley

Hiy̓ám̓ Housing managed buildings

  • Building Manager Russel Joseph: 236-668-7665
  • Property Manager Terra Scott: 604-655-6535


For other community safety issues, please contact Ta na wa Téy̓wilhay̓lhem (Public Safety) at 604-982-9938 or public_safety@squamish.net or call the Main Office Reception at 604-980-4553.