Nexwsp’áyaḵen ta Smets’álḵen Kw’áxwa7
The IT & IS (Information Technology & Information Systems) department plays a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth functioning of the Nation as an organization. It provides technology solutions that empower our employees to best serve the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh community. The department’s responsibilities span from maintaining the Nation’s technology infrastructure and ensuring data security to training employees on tools and software required to support our Members.
The Information Technology (IT) team’s main focus for the Nation is:
- Maintaining our technology infrastructure to ensure all systems are up and running efficiently to support daily activities.
- Managing our software and applications to ensure employees have the tools and systems they need to best serve Members.
- Maintaining and safeguarding our data security.
- Providing essential user support to our employees and enforcing IT policies.
The Information Systems (IS) team’s main focus for the Nation is:
- Managing and supporting the applications used by various departments in order to best serve our Members.
- Providing automation tools to improve processes and reporting.
- Providing technical training to employees on tools and applications.
- Providing project management services on systems implementation.
Nexwsp’áyaḵen ta Smets’álḵen Kw’áxwa7 can be translated as ‘the ones who fix computers’.
Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw History Book For Sale
We are excited to announce that tiná7 cht ti temíxw (We Come From This Land) will be published in early January 2024! The book is intended to be a snapshot – a collection of some of the multi-faceted stories and histories that are held by the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh People and a starting point for future conversations.
Squamish Strong Protocol Agreements Signed
As a part of the celebrations of the 100-year anniversary of the Amalgamation of Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw, we are pleased to announce the Nation is signing a Wa Iyí̓m ta Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Protocol Agreement with the City of North Vancouver, District of Squamish, and the City of Vancouver respectively.
New Squamish Nation Residential Tenancy Regulations for Sen̓áḵw
Today, the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw announces that the protections in the British Columbia Residential Tenancy Act (BCRTA) will be in place for the Sen̓áḵw development and for future on-reserve housing developments.