Please include information to demonstrate relevant experience or knowledge, abilities, and skills related to the mandate of the Committee. Familiarity with Squamish culture and identity is an asset. Some knowledge of the Nation’s bylaws or policies will be regarded as an asset.
To participate, please review the following and indicate your acceptance.
By clicking typing my full legal name in the field below, I know and accept that, in respect of my participation as a volunteer in this program, and I am not and will not be entitled to any compensation or benefits of any kind.
In my volunteer role with this Program, I understand my duties are to:
- actively participate in assigned volunteer placements with the Nation under the oversight of Nation staff,
- comply with all applicable Nation policies and procedures, and
- carry out assigned functions as directed by my volunteer coordinator.
In consideration of being permitted to participate as a volunteer in this program, I hereby:
- Waive any and all rights I may have now or in future to make or in any way advance directly or indirectly as against the Nation and/or any of its officials, officers, employees, agents, volunteers or boards, including, without limitation, the Squamish Nation, any of their directors, officials, officers, employees, agents and/or volunteers and/or any societies, associations and/or any other organizations associated or affiliated with the Nation, any complaints, claims, actions or suits of any kind arising from or in connection with my participation as a volunteer in the Program;
- Release and forever discharge the Squamish Nation from any and all liability for any and all losses, damages, injuries, harm or expenses of any kind I may suffer, incur or experience in any way arising from or in connection with my participation as a volunteer in this Program;
- will indemnify the Squamish Nation for and hold it harmless from any and all losses, injuries, damages or harm that it may suffer, incur or experience and will indemnify the Squamish Nation for and hold them harmless from any and all claims against them or any of them for any losses, injuries, damages, harm or expense suffered, incurred or experienced by anyone else arising from or in connection with my participation as a volunteer in this Program.
CONSENT FOR USE OF PHOTOGRAPHY
I hereby grant to the Squamish Nation, without any further consideration of any kind to me, the unrestricted right to make photographs, film, video and/or digital or other recordings containing images of and/or sounds made by me in connection with my participation in this Program and the unrestricted right in perpetuity to keep, copy, use, publish, display and/or broadcast the resulting images of and/or sounds from me, in any way, at any time and by any means the Squamish Nation might choose, for the purpose of in any way publicizing and/or promoting this Program and/or the Squamish Nation.
If you do not consent to the use of photography or other types of recording, please inform your volunteer coordinator of your decision and ensure that you exclude yourself from situations in which recording may occur.
CONSENT FOR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
I hereby consent to the collection of personal information as requested in this volunteer intake process for the sole purposes of coordinating my volunteer activities in connection with this Program and contacting me for future volunteer opportunities. I understand further that my personal information, once collected by the Squamish Nation, will be handled by the Squamish Nation in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (British Columbia)
The Squamish Nation collects personal information under the authority of s. 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions about the collection of this personal information, please contact the Governance Officer at 604-980-4553.