*Extended Deadline & Amendments
Mountain Highway Underpass: Cultural Recognition Stencil
Request for Proposals
*Extended Deadline: Friday, May 14, 2021
As part of the Mountain Highway Underpass project, there is an opportunity for artist(s) to create a design celebrating Squamish culture and connection to the land. The selected design will be stamped into the concrete walkway. Artists are encouraged to create a simplified design, and do not have to use the entire area allocated for this art installation.
The Mountain Highway Underpass Project is being led by the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority to improve the roads accessing Lynnterm Terminal in North Vancouver as well as increase pedestrian safety and access by adding a sidewalk.
*New Amendment: Artists not submitting a “design fitting the design specifications” with their application, are required, as per section #3, to submit Samples of their previous work, related to the scope of work highlighted, along with a written concept of their design plan outlining a brief story-line of the art design as it reflects the story location. This written concept must be no longer than one page. Application deadline is extended to May 14, 2021 (5pm). If an artist who chooses this option is selected, they are required to submit their final design no later than May 21, 2021 (4pm).
Artists interested in this project must prepare and submit a hardcopy application. Please include the following:
- A Letter of Interest – (no more than one page) describing the proposed design for this public art opportunity.
- Current resume – if applying as an artist team, please provide one for each artist.
- Sample of Previous Work – Up to 5 images with a brief description (30 word max), title of artwork, medium, date of artwork, dimensions. Submit high quality images. Do not submit original artwork.
- A design that fits the design specifications in the “Attachments and Specifications” section of the Request for Proposals
- Two references – from people you have worked with on past projects and are familiar with your art and practice. Include complete addresses and telephone numbers.
- Contact information.
SUBMIT APPLICATION PACKAGES TO:
All submission proposals must be delivered on or before May 7, 2021.