We recognize that this week has been traumatizing with news about the Kamloops Indian Residential School. Community Health and Wellness at Yúustway Health is offering support for Members.
Please contact them at 604-982-0332 or email@example.com
The following staff are here to assist you during this difficult time:
- Angela Merasty, Mental Health & Addiction Clinician
- Heather Andrew, Addictions Counsellor
- Eileen Guss, Support Worker- If you would like to access counselling services through FNHA
Alternative mental health supports with contact information is listed below.
- KUU-US Crisis Line Society: a 24-hour provincial Indigenous crisis line. Adults call 250-723-4050; children and youth call 250-723-2040. Toll-free 1-800-588-8717.
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line: Phone toll-free 1-855-242-3310 or chat online at hopeforwellness.ca.
- Tsow Tun Le Lum: Phone 1-888-403-3123 to access the following cultural supports: Levi Martin, James Quatell or Mike Kelly.
- Indian Residential School Survivors Society (IRSSS): Phone 1-800-721-0066 or 604-985-4464 to access the following cultural supports: Sadie McPhee, Gertie Pierre or Yvonne Rigby Jones. Mental health and counselling services are also available from the IRSSS Resolution Health Support Workers.
- FNHA If you have any questions about your mental health plan, how to access coverage, or why a claim was denied, call Health Benefits at 1-855-550-5454
- MÉTIS CRISIS LINE is a service of Métis Nation British Columbia. Call 1-833-MétisBC (1-833-638-4722)
- FIRST NATIONS VIRTUAL DOCTOR OF THE DAY provides virtual health care and referral support for people who do not have a doctor or are unable to get an appointment. It is for all First Nations people living in BC and their family members, including family members who are not Indigenous. Doctors are available by video or phone from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. every day. Call 1-855-344-3800 to book an appointment. Learn more at fnha.ca/virtualdoctor
- INDIAN RESIDENTIAL SCHOOLS RESOLUTION HEALTH SUPPORT PROGRAM provides access to cultural supports and mental health counselling for former students of Indian Residential Schools. The program is available to anyone who attended a school listed in the 2006 Indian Residential School Settlement Agreement, and their family members. Call the FNHA Indian Residential Schools Information Line toll-free at 1-877-477-0775
- MISSING AND MURDERED INDIGENOUS WOMEN AND GIRLS HEALTH SUPPORT SERVICES is a national program administered in BC by First Nations Health Benefits. Services are available to survivors, family members and others who have been affected. Call Health Benefits toll-free 1-855-550-5454 for more information
- VIRTUAL SUBSTANCE USE & PSYCHIATRY SERVICE is an FNHA service providing virtual specialist support in addictions medicine and psychiatry to First Nations people in BC and their family members. This service requires a referral from a health and wellness provider. The first Nations Virtual Doctor of the Day provides referral support for anyone who does not have a provider. Please contact FNHA for more information Toll-free: 1-866-913-0033