A Message from the North Vancouver School District: Mandatory Daily Health Assessment for Students
Parents and caregivers must assess their child daily for symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease before sending them to school.
Please check your child daily for the following symptoms:
- Fever (> 37.5 °C) or signs of fever*
- Sore throat and painful swallowing
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Feeling unwell/fatigue
- Muscle aches and pains
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell
- Loss of appetite
Please refer to the BC CDC for more information on signs and symptoms: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/symptoms-covid-19
IF STUDENT DEVELOPS SYMPTOMS AT HOME:
1. Parents or caregivers must keep their child at home until they have been assessed by a health care provider to exclude COVID-19 or other infectious diseases, and their symptoms have resolved.
2. If a student is assessed by their family physician or nurse practitioner and it is determined that they do NOT have COVID-19, they may return to school once symptoms resolve.
Please note, if there is a confirmed case of COVID 19 within the home, students must remain at home and consult their health care provider.
If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me or your school principal.
Brad Baker, B. Ed M. Ed
District Principal, North Vancouver School District