To implement, grow and sustain approved business projects that will maximize profitability.
To ensure that existing Squamish Nation Commercial and Taxation operations are run efficiently, effectively and obtain maximum profitability.
The Business Revenue & Services department (BRS) administers property management and property taxation for commercial and residential properties located on Squamish Nation reserves. Squamish Nation commercial and residential tenants span from Vancouver, (Kitsilano / Senakw) the North Shore to Squamish Valley and to Gibsons (Chekwelp Reserve) and to Whistler. The BRS department also acts as the property taxation authority for Nation land. Acting in this capacity the department levies and collects property tax from residential and commercial tenants where applicable.
Revenue generated by BRS contributes to a number of Squamish Nation community programs including administration, band manager, council, distribution, public works, social development, health programs, recreation, education, intergovernmental relations and accommodation programs. BRS directly employs approximately 75 people on a part-time or full-time basis.
List of businesses managed by Squamish Nation Business Revenue & Services
- Lynnwood Marina LP, North Vancouver (Seymour Reserve)
- Mosquito Creek Marina LP and Fuel Wharf, North Vancouver (Mission Reserve)
- North Vancouver Smoke Shop at Mosquito Creek (Mission Reserve)
- Squamish Valley Gas LP (Stawamus Reserve)
- Superstore Gas Bar, North Vancouver (Seymour Reserve)
- Capilano River RV Park, West Vancouver (Capilano Reserve)
To apply for a Construction Permit (Building, Electrical, Sprinkler or Plumbing), you must have:
- A MyDistrict profile and
- a valid West Vancouver or North Shore Inter-Municipal Business Licence
Please send the following information:
- Store name:
- Store address:
- Contractor: name, address, phone, email address and Business Licence
- Type of Job:
- Building/Tenant Improvements (Must submit 2 copies of plans, schedules and insurance)
- Sprinkler (Over 20 heads, must have Professional Engineer)
- Signs (Must have approval from Landlord)
- Job Description:
- Job Value:
to email: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to 604-982-0515; or phone at 604-982-0510.