Please note that all campfires, Category 2 and Category 3 open fires are prohibited throughout the province of British Columbia.
- The use of following are also prohibited:
- Sky lanterns
- Burn barrels or burn cages
- Binary exploding targets
- Tiki and similar kinds of torches
- Chimineas (outdoor fireplace)
- Outdoor stoves or other portable campfire apparatus without a CSA or ULC rating
To report a wildfire, unattended campfire, or open burning violation, call 1-800-663-5555 or *5555 on a cell phone.
The following are strictly prohibited within Squamish Nation.
- Fires in any public space (ie: riverbanks, mountainside, beaches).
- Open Air Burning, including but not limited to, yard waste, garden debris and construction materials.
If there is a planned burning for ceremonial purposes please contact Community Operations: 604-980-8655