Notice to Squamish Nation Members:
The Squamish Nation recently became aware of a fraudulent business soliciting paving services on the Capilano Reserve under the name “William Wallace” of “Everest Property Maintenance.”
This notice is to advise members that the Squamish Nation does not support the actions of this company. William Wallace/Everest Property Maintenance is not an approved contractor and the Squamish Nation did not authorize them to solicit business on Nation Lands.
If you are approached by someone claiming to be William Wallace or from Everest Property Maintenance, please take down their vehicle information (i.e., make, model, and license plate) and contact the non-emergency number for your local police agency in West Vancouver
(604-925-7300) or North Vancouver (604-985-1311).
In order to prevent falling victim to such a scam:
- Be wary if you are approached at your door by someone claiming to be from a legitimate company of any kind.
- Contact the Squamish Nation Band Office to confirm if a contractor is approved by the Nation.
- Do not to assume that because a person soliciting their services has business cards, contracts or any type of paperwork that they are part of a legitimate company.
- Be especially wary of anyone who wishes to deal only in cash.
- Ask for references and testimonials about their previous work. You should be able to check those references to ensure they are legitimate.
- Request to see a business license for the company.