The Joint Venture partnership of MST Partnership and Canada Lands Company seeks one individual from each of the Musqueam Indian Band, Squamish Nation and Tsleil-Waututh Nation to act as a Cultural Liaison, in a consulting role to inform the planning and development of the Heather Street Lands and Jericho Lands projects.
What’s possible for a future Squamish Nation Headquarters?
The Squamish Nation employs around 350 people and currently operates out of nine different buildings on the North Shore and various offices in Squamish, BC.
Leadership and senior management have identified the need for a centralized office building on the North Shore and an expanded office in the Squamish Valley as a top priority of the Nation.
As a result, a needs assessment and feasibility study for a new headquarters for the Squamish Nation on the North Shore is being conducted to explore connectedness, quality, and efficiency.
The purpose of the study:
• assess four potential locations for the future headquarters
• develop an understanding of the required spaces
• conduct a financial and market analysis
Who will be involved?
The project team will seek input from Squamish Nation members and staff throughout the process to understand their needs and aspirations.
How can you get involved?
1) Online Survey May 1st – May 31st Visit the URL: m.sgizmoca.com/s3/SquamishHQ
2) Squamish Valley Ideas Fair Tuesday May 21st 3:00pm – 7:00pm Totem Hall
3) Capilano Ideas Fair Wednesday May 22nd 3:00pm – 7:00pm Capilano Elders Centre
2019 Funding Applications are now
SPORTS & ATHLETIC GRANTS and CULTURAL GRANTS
forms & policies containing eligibility criteria are now available:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY,
JUNE 7, 2019 at 4:30 pm
will not be accepted**
Community Information Session
For Families with
children in currently in, or will be attending, Elementary school within the
North Vancouver School District.