CALL FOR APPLICANTS:
Squamish Valley Advisory Committee (10)
Off-Reserve Advisory Committee (10)
Youth Advisory Committee (5)
Elders Advisory Committee (2)
Housing Advisory Committee (1)
The Squamish Nation has open spaces for two new advisory committees and vacancies for existing advisory committees to be filled for the remainder of their term.
The purpose of Squamish Nation Member Advisory Committees is to advise Council and provide an opportunity to help shape the programs, policies, and operations of the Squamish Nation.
The deadline to apply is Monday, September 23rd, 2019 at 5pm.
Members interested in joining a committee are asked to submit:
• A cover letter (up to two pages) explaining their reasons for why they wish to join the committee and what they hope to contribute, and
• A reference letter speaking to their background, experience, or value to this committee.
Members are asked to send their cover letter and reference letter to Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the Main Office.
Members are invited to submit their application for:
- SQUAMISH VALLEY ADVISORY COMMITTEE: A new committee of ten Squamish Valley resident members who can advise Council and the Squamish Nation, providing insight, recommendations, feedback and more on programs, services, and operations of the Squamish Nation.
- OFF-RESERVE ADVISORY COMMITTEE: A new committee of ten members living off-reserve who can advise Council and the Squamish Nation as a group of members to provide ideas, insights, feedback, and more on programs, services, and operations of the Squamish Nation.
- YOUTH ADVISORY COMMITTEE: A committee of ten members who are under the age of 29. There are five vacancies to be filled. The Youth Advisory has opportunities to engage all departments and provide input on the many programs, services, projects, and budgets in the Squamish Nation.
- ELDERS ADVISORY COMMITTEE: A committee of ten members, comprised of Elders aged 55 and up, with two vacancies who provide ideas, insights, feedback, and more on the Squamish Nations program, services, budgets and more.
- HOUSING ADVISORY COMMITTEE: A committee of ten members with one vacancy who advise Council and the Squamish Nation as a group of members to provide ideas, insights, feedback, and more on the many housing programs, projects, and solutions.
For more information, please contact Council Admin at 604-980-4553 or email@example.com.
Important Additional Information:
- Committees are volunteer-based.
- Meetings will be approximately once per month or more if determined by the committee
- Each committee has two Council members who act as liaisons to each committee.
- Council will appoint the committee members based on the applications submitted.
- Each committee will have Terms of Reference to be considered for approval by Council that set out scope, mandate, and structure of the committee.
Squamish Nation Council