Squamish Nation Council is looking for Nation elders, youth, and members to advise Council by joining an Advisory Committee
NORTH VANCOUVER, June 3rd, 2018 —The Squamish Nation Council in May 2018 put a call out to Squamish Nation members to join a select advisory committee to Council. The Squamish Nation Council is extending the deadline to apply to join these committees by two weeks to June 19th, 2018 at 5 pm.
Members interested in joining a committee are asked to submit:
- a cover letter explaining their reasons for why they wish to join the committee
- and a reference letter speaking to their background, experience, or value to this committee.
Members are asked to send their cover letter and reference letter to Denise Jensen at email@example.com or drop it off at the Main Office.
The purpose of the Advisory Committee to provide Council and the Squamish Nation with advice. Council is seeking the input of our members and is forming Advisory Committees to accomplish this.
Members are invited to submit their application for:
- Elders Advisory Committee: A committee of ten elders (55+) who can advise Council and the Squamish Nation as a group of elders to provide insight, background, history, and more.
- Youth Advisory Committee: A committee of ten youth (12-30) who can advise Council and the Squamish Nation as a group of youth to provide ideas, insights, feedback, and more.
- Housing Advisory Committee: A committee of ten members who will advise Council and the Squamish Nation on housing issues in the Squamish Nation. This work may include policy review, project review, and more.
- Budget and Financial Report Advisory Committee: A committee of ten members who advise Council and the Squamish Nation on the annual budget and annual financial reporting to Membership.
Members are asked to submit different cover letters and reference letters for each committee they are interested in joining.
For more information, please contact Denise Jensen at 604-980-4553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Committees are volunteer-based.
- Meetings will be approximately once per month or more if determined by the committee
- Council will appoint two Councillors as liaisons to each committee as Council liaisons
- Council will appoint the committee members based on the applications submitted
- Each committee will have Terms of Reference to be considered for approval by Council that set out scope, mandate, and structure of the committee.
- The council may form more committees once these four committees are appointed.